“Witches are dangerous hostile mobs that use splash potions as their ranged weapon. They also use beneficial potions on themselves defensively. Witches spawn in the Overworld at night, and in any area that has a light level of 7 or less. Each Witch Hut also spawns a Witch inside. Unlike Skeletons or Zombies, Witches do not burn up in sunlight.”
Witches can be found in Witch Huts in a Swamp biome. A Villager can turn into a Witch if lightning strikes in a 3-4 blocks radius from it.
– They will throw potions of slowness if the player is at least 8 blocks away and does not have the Slowness status effect.
– They will throw potions of poison if the player’s health is at least 8 () and is not poisoned.
– They have a 25% chance of throwing potions of weakness if the player is within 3 blocks and does not have the Weakness status effect.
– If none of the above conditions are true, Witches default to using potions of harming.
These potions will affect other mobs in the effect range, not just the player.
– If set on fire, Witches drink a potion of fire resistance (though Witches don’t catch fire in sunlight).
– When damaged, they will drink a potion of healing. Note that Witches can’t attack while healing.
– When a Witch’s head is under water, it will drink a potion of water breathing.
– When more than 11 blocks from a target, it will drink a speed potion to get closer and attack.
Witches are 85% resistant to splash potions of poison and instant damage.
The Minecraft Wiki is not affiliated with this website in any way. All credits for the images and the text go to them.